10 Do’s and Don’ts of Facebook Posting for Businesses
Facebook posting for business can lead to tremendous growth but it needs to be done carefully. Did you know that Facebook has over 1.2 billion active users? Facebook is a great platform to connect both personally and professionally. Many times, business leaders mix the two. As a result, they lose leverage, influence, and revenue. These 10 helpful tips will provide a good guardrail for you and your business before you post on Facebook.
Top 5 Do’s of Facebook Marketing:
- Clear and Short: Simple, Short and CLEAR messaging will capture your audience. Fewer words will increase your engagement. We use a framework called the Storybrand Framework. We HIGHLY recommend it.
- Post Frequently: Frequency and Consistency are important and keeps your brand at the forefront. Keep your audience informed by posting photos, promotions, and special offers.
- Be Genuine: No one likes a know-it-all or salesperson. The easiest way to lose a prospect is to annoy them with unuseful information. TRUST is hard to gain and easy to lose but is the currency of successful brands.
- Get Feedback: If you want to know something. Just ask! Facebook is a great place to solicit potential customers by asking for their opinion/feedback. Want to create your first survey? You can go to this Facebook link to give it a go. Let us know how it went!
- Engage. Respond to every question and feedback. Don’t forget to respond as your company, not an individual. This will drive more “they really do care” thoughts from your customers. Think of the last time you sent an email/text to a friend and didn’t get a reply. How did that make you feel? You don’t want your customers to feel unimportant.
Top 5 Don’ts on Facebook
- Always Sell: Customers don’t want to be sold. They want to feel special. Position yourself as a guide to help solve their problems. Nobody likes a pushy salesperson. Successful organizations put their customer front-and-center instead of themselves.
- SPAM Your Audience: One of the easiest ways to lose a client is to spam them with irrelevant content. Keep your content centered around your customer, not your company. Do you like being spammed?
- Talk Politics: Want to lose influence and sales? All you have to do is post something political on your business page. Stay away from politics. It is too divisive. If you must, keep that kind of stuff on your personal page. Be careful of this though…customers will look you up.
- Go Silent: The fewer the posts the less value Facebook will see from that post. That means, fewer people will see the post. Your followers will also forget about you.
- Ignore: Have a problem? Don’t ignore your audience. Address the issues privately and publicly, if needed. Show that you care and your brand will go further faster.
We hope this small guide helps you navigate socializing on Facebook.
Overwhelmed and need help with managing Facebook and other social media outlets?
Serv Marketing can help you market your small business on Facebook. That includes other social media outlets, too. You can start with our social media services. Or start on your own by reading, viewing, or downloading our existing and future content!