Instagram recently released, in the US, a new feature called Reels. Reels is a short-form video format that allows users to record, edit, and add audio tracks to their videos natively. This new feature may resemble another popular social media platform, TikTok. The features are strikingly similar, and social media experts question if Reels is Facebook’s attempt to compete with TikTok.
Creating Reels on Instagram
Select Reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera. You’ll see various creative editing tools on the left side of your screen to help create your reel, including:
- Audio: Search for a song from the Instagram music library or use your original sound by recording a reel. When you share a reel with original audio, that audio will be associated with you. If you have a public account, people can create reels with your audio by selecting “Use Audio” from your reel.
- AR Effects: Select one of the many effects in our effect gallery, created both by Instagram and creators, to record multiple clips with various effects.
- Timer and Countdown: Set the timer to record any of your clips hands-free. Once you press record, you’ll see a 3-2-1 countdown before recording begins.
- Align: Line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into your reel.
- Speed: Choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. This can help you stay on a beat or make slow-motion videos.
If you’re familiar with creating an Instagram Story, the option to create a Reel lives in the same area on the top-left corner of the Home feed. Instagram is updating the platter of offered features at the bottom of the screen – creating Live videos, text posts, Boomerangs – and is adding a tab for Reels. The creation process for Reels is similar to the process on TikTok, but since the feature is so new, we are testing to see if the creative experience is similarly seamless.
How to Use Instagram Reels For Business
Utilizing Instagram Reels offers an opportunity for business owners to grow their online communities and enhance their influence. Additionally, Reels is a fun and engaging way to share creative social content – after all, your social media marketing should include fun content! Although Reels is new, it is quickly proving that it is substantial space for brands and creators.
Are you ready to clarify your message on social media and convert your audience into customers? Starting with Serv is as simple as getting a no-cost content review. Schedule a consultation with us today!